Terms of Service
IMPORTANT: Your use to this website means that you accept the following terms and conditions which are legally binding.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Contract: by using this website you, “the buyer” agree with its terms and conditions.
Conditions of sale definitions:
"Buyer" means the person “you” or company that buys or agrees to buy the Products from the Seller.
"Conditions" means the terms and conditions of sale set out in this document and any other terms and conditions agreed in writing by the Seller.
"Seller" means Eliane Strasser, the designer or Strasser Créations.
1. The quantity and description of the Products shall be as set out in the Seller's order confirmation.
2. The Seller may make any changes in the specification of the Products which do not materially affect their quality or performance required to conform with any applicable statutory requirements where the Products are supplied to the Seller's specification.
3. Photographs are for illustrative purpose only, and may not exactly match the product itself.
4. Please be aware that products may have variants of colour and we therefore cannot guarantee exact colour matches. Colour variation can also occur due to the different properties of computer display equipment being used to view the product.
In the interest of the customer I have carefully selected reputable companies who provide high quality raw materials and components. The pieces are handmade and made to order by the designer, Eliane Strasser. Due to the nature of handmade items there will be some slight variances from piece to piece. The piece may not reflect exactly the picture showed on the website.
For the precious metals the pieces are made of fine silver .999 and/or gold. In order to protect and reassure consumers, by law (The Hallmarking Act 1773), products sold such as gold, silver and platinum have to be independently Hallmarked by a UK Assay Office before being placed on the market and described as such precious metals unless they are exempt because:
The product weighs less than:
• 1 gram for Gold
• 7.78 grams for Silver
• 0.5 grams for Platinum
The designer, Eliane Strasser has her own sponsor punch – ECS – at the Goldsmiths Company of London and uses their hallmarking services when necessary.
For children's jewellery, the policy is to choose a range of safe products complying with safety regulations about children's jewellery. The precious metal jewellery alloys do not contain toxic metals such as lead, nickel, cadmium. The beads and gemstones used do not contain heavy metals and they are safe for children. However I should stress the fact that jewellery for babies and children is not a toy and children under 36 month should be supervised by an adult when wearing the product due to small parts. Jewellery should be removed and children should not be left sleeping with the jewellery.
How to place an order:
1. From the shop: simply order now with a secure checkout process. I have got a minimum stock so your order is made on demand and two pieces may not be exactly the same. Once your payment has been proceeded, please allow me the time to make your piece(s) of jewellery and I will dispatch it as soon as possible (between 7 to 10 days and usually less). I am doing my best to accommodate the customer, so please contact me for any queries you might have at email@example.com regarding a product or a timescale for urgent orders.
2. You would like a few alterations to something you have seen from the shop: tell me the code or name of the product you would like to modify and a detailed description of your modification that you have got in mind. My pieces can also be personalised with initials, dates, names, words if you wish to make it even more special. I will get back to you as soon as possible with a new quote. If you are satisfied with the quote I will send you an invoice. Please contact me over the phone or by sending me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your request or by completing the enquiry form.
3. You would like to buy a piece you’ve seen on the website but not available at the shop: contact me by phone or by completing the enquiry form or by email email@example.com I will get back to you within 48 hours.
4. A commission work with a story behind the jewellery: for a commission piece the jewellery will come with a certificate telling the significance and the story behind the creation of the piece. Regarding a commission work you can contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing an enquiry form. Please give me as much information regarding ideas you might have in terms of design, deadline and for whom the piece will be for. I will get back to you within 48 hours and will explain the procedure.
The first consultation is free with any commission work. Following the brief,, ideas and designs are discussed with the client for her or him to choose one. I can then do an estimation or quote regarding the design and if the client is happy with the design and the quote, an invoice is sent prior to start the work when the payment has been cleared at the bank. The designer does the best to comply to the design chosen by the client but sometimes the designer needs to do some minor changes to the design. It is a work of art so the making of the piece (s) is or are inspired by the design and might not been exactly the same as the drawing shown to the client.
How long does it take to have a piece of jewellery handmade?
My pieces are made to order so it can take from 7 days to 3/4 weeks and more for a commission work. For non-commission pieces, the item(s) will be sent as soon as the payment has been cleared in the bank.
1. Upfront payment regarding personalised, altered jewellery or commission work: In the cases of a commission work, personalised or altered jewellery, I require a 75% deposit before I start to work on an order. I reserve the right to require a larger deposit. Payment of the balance is due before dispatch or collection by the customer. I reserve the right to refuse to dispatch goods to a customer whose payment is not made. A charge of £20 will be made for each instance of a returned or represented cheque. Commissioned, personalised or altered jewellery cannot be returned. Once you commit to going ahead with your commission your 75% deposit is non-refundable as I buy the materials especially for doing the commission work.
2. Other forms of payments accepted: I accept payment via paypal, bank transfer or cheque. Once the cheques have cleared then the item you have purchased will be sent. If you don't have a have a paypal account, have a look for this easy way to pay:
Money well sent - make online payments with Paypal
All Royal Mail delivery must be made to a verifiable postcode and physical address. I do not ship to P.O Boxes.
For UK delivery only:
1. Royal Mail Signed For 1st class: £4.40. Not trackable and not insured but a signature will be required on delivery
2. Royal Mail Special Delivery Guarantee by 1pm: £7.30. Priority handling with next day 1pm for weekday postings (except on Fridays) and it is trackable and insured for your peace of mind. A signature will be required on delivery. This option doesn’t mean that you will receive your jewellery next day depending if it is in stock or made to order.
For international delivery:
1. International Signed: for International delivery, choose the option Europe or Rest of the World and look for your country. If your country is not listed please send me an email. International signed parcels are tracked until they leave the UK. Signature on delivery - the item will only be delivered if it's signed for. Delivery is insured.
Rest of the world: £12.90
Consumer right - returns and refunds
My customers are usually happy with their order but if for any reason you choose to return the jewellery you must notify me in writing. In accordance with Distance Selling Regulations you must contact Strasser Créations in writing within 7 working days of your receipt of the goods to request a refund if you change your mind. I accept returns of standard items within 7 days, providing the piece is returned in good condition in the same packaging provided when the order has been sent. If your jewellery is faulty, I can repair or exchange (only if faulty) or give you a refund within 7 days of receipt. I can’t give a refund to a piece which has not been personalised or altered or commissioned. I am sorry but for hygiene reasons I cannot exchange or refund earrings. The customer is responsible for the payment of the post & packaging and must provide the reason of the return item by filling a form at the post office. The refund will include the original postage cost, if applicable, but the customer will pay the cost of returning the item to us, unless it is faulty. The refund process means money can only be refunded to the source originally used to pay. For a bank transfer sale, the refund is returned to the original bank account. For debit and credit card sales, this will be the exact card which was used. For Paypal customers, this will be refunded into the customer's Paypal account (rather then the credit card used to pay through Paypal). The consumer is responsible for any loss of return of a piece. I recommend you return the jewellery by Royal Mail Special Delivery guaranteed by 1 pm if you are based in the UK or using International Signed for International delivery. Your account will be credited within 30 days once I’ve received the jewellery.
Design right and copyright:
All the designs are automatically protected under “Design Right” and they remain my intellectual property. The copyright for images, their descriptions and the content on this website remains with Strasser Créationspropriety and must not be used in any form by third parties without the express permission of Strasser Créations. Using my designs for any purpose without my permission would be an infringement of UK Patent Law. Any infringement of design right or copyright (such as use by other jewellers) would entitle me to take civil action in court with a view to seeking damages. I will contact you by phone and/or e-mail you all the relevant information regarding the design (drawings, photos of mock-ups, samples relevant when using materials.) and take into account your feedback about the design and the materials used.
When a customer gives a brief to the designer, all the designs, drawings, pictures, text content, ideas are protected under “Design Right” and remain the intellectual property of the designer at all the time even if the customer decides not to go ahead with the work. The images or content can be shared on social platform such as pinterest, instagram,facebook, twitter, google+ and other social media, providing credits and full url is linked to Strasser Créations website. For any purpose you would like to use the content or images from this website please contact me in writing for consent. Anyone found to be in breach of copyright will be legally pursued.
Disclaimer: Strasser Créations does not accept liability for injuries caused as a result of incorrect use. These items contain small parts and should not be given to children.
Strasser Créations website does not contain any content unsuitable for minors or offensive materials.
Strasser Créations cannot be held responsible for the content of any third party websites we provide links to from this site.
Privacy & Cookies Policy:
Last updated: 24/05/2018
1. Data we collect
2. What personal data do we share with third parties and who are they?
3. Why do we share data outside of the EU
4. How do we keep your personal data secure?
6. Your rights
1. Data we collect:
As the owner of Strasser Créations I am responsible for the collection of data in order to deliver our services. In general we collect the following data:
- data we have collected from you (e.g. you have placed an order online)
- the basis on which we are holding it (e.g. because you gave us consent)
- what we will do with it
- how long we will hold it for
- where it is stored
- who it might be shared with
- your rights in relation to the data, and
- information on how you can access and manage this data.
We have provided further details below about the specific types of data we collect and our reasons for doing so.
1.1. What data do we ask you to provide to us, and why?
A -We collect the following data: first name, last name, email address, phone number, address, shipping address, billing address.
- We use this data to: Provide goods or services when ordering online, respond to your request when filling a form, directly when ordering a commission piece
- We collect this data using the lawful basis: Consent
B- We are giving consent to send some email marketing (e.g. subscribe to a newsletter) and you are free to unsubscribe any time. We don’t store form submissions in our system. Instead, we pass the submission form to an external storage option which is Mail chimp or directly to Strasser Creations at email@example.com.
1.2. What data do we collect when you visit our website, and why?
Cookies are small pieces of data that websites store on a device. Cookies can improve your browsing experience because they help websites remember preferences and understand how people use different features:
Shopping cart and checkout
2. What personal data do we share with third parties and who are they?
We share personal data with the following third parties:
- Payment processor such as Stripe or PayPal
- Integrated services to the website: Mail chimp, Social blocks and Google analytic..
There are certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data without your explicit consent; for example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation.
3. Why do we share data outside of the EU
We may transfer personal data to a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), for example if a third party we share data with has servers located outside of the EEA. If this is the case we will obtain your consent or otherwise ensure that the transfer is legal and your data is secure by following the EU's guidelines.
4. How do we keep your personal data secure?
We keep your data secure:
- by deleting unnecessary data
- by encrypting personal data
- by using 2048 bit SSL encryption on all pages except checkout pages and we support security protocols up to TLS 1.2.5.
6. Your rights
- the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- the right of access to your personal data and any supplementary information
- the right to have any errors in your personal data rectified
- the right to have your personal data erased
- the right to block or suppressing the processing of your personal data
- the right to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another
- the right to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, and
- rights related to automated decision-making (i.e. where no humans are involved) and profiling (i.e. where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual).
We also give you the option to manage your data via:
- by telephone
-by sending us an email
While we do not hold personal data any longer than we need to, the duration will depend on your relationship with us.
Cookies and How they use on that website:
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook, twitter..
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
Social websites cookies
So you can easily like or share our content on the likes of Twitter, Google +, Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. We have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
- Google +
- You Tube
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous visitors statistics cookies
We use Analytic and Performance cookies to collect information, such as how visitors interact with the site, what type of technology they are using , identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site or a cart abandonment. This helps to improve the website. These analytic and performance cookies, tell us, on an anonymous basis how people reached this site (e.g. from a search engine) and whether they have been here before helping us to put more money into developing our services for you instead of marketing spend.
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of ours and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
Secure checkout process:
If you are ordering from the shop your order will be proceed by Squarespace Commerce our PCI compliant secure cart software host. After selecting “checkout” your payment will be proceeded using Stripe, a quick and secure way to accept credit card and debit card payments online. We accept all major cards types, including Visa, Mastercard or American express. Your payment is proceeded using Stripe. I do not have access to your bank or debit/credit cards details. Only your name, address, telephone number or shipping address you provide me at the checkout are available to me. Please feel free to contact me if you’d like more information or encounter any problem during checkout.
Strasser Créations hasn’t got a user account however you can send me an email if you would like to be on the mailing list or you have got the possibility to join the mailing list when you place an order at the shop at the checkout. You can opt out at that stage. You can anytime unsubscribing if you wish by “opt-out” or by sending me an email with the subject unsubscribing at firstname.lastname@example.org
VAT & import duty:
Strasser Créations is currently not a VAT registered so no VAT is added Import duties/tax may be applicable if ordering for delivery to a country outside of the UK. Strasser Créations is not responsible for any import duties which may be applicable to your country.
Proper law of contract:
This Contract shall be governed by the law of England and Wales and any dispute, question or remedy howsoever arising determined exclusively by the Courts of England and Wales.
All content of the website and jewellery designs are Copyright © 2018 of Eliane Strasser from Strasser Créations. All right reserved and asserted.